Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Good news is that I can sleep on my bed again. Okay, so Eika told Vital the basic just of what happened on my behalf. I gave her permission to. She just said its an issue of sexual harrassment and he asked if it was verbal, she said no, its physical. So he came to wake me up and told me to go see his boss. So I tried, but lost confidence and courage when I got there so I left. Then on Thursday, while Ace was over, Vital came to talk to me and get full details about the incident. I couldn't tell him everything, especially the details about where I got touched. Those I told him in an email as well as my scary experience in the shower. Please anyone who reads this and is in a similar situation, tell someone. It's scary to do but trust me it helps. As my mum just told me, there's no weakness in sharing problems.
Anyways, I had a meeting on Monday with Vital's boss. She said I have three choices:
1. Deal with it on my own (informally) without her help
2. Deal with it informally with her help or a Don there for support.
3. Make a formal complaint. This would include a formal investigation, etc.

I'm definitely not going for option #1. She also said that if I choose #2 and I feel it doesn't work out, I can change my mind and go with #3. I am leaning towards #3 though. I'm grateful she's giving me time to think over what I wanna do.

No comments: